Hats Off To Women Awards
Feb 5, 2013 0 Comments Administrative, Asian Pacific Islander American Affairs, Campus Events, Campus Multi-Faith Cooperative, Gainesville Community, Institute of Black Culture, Institute of Hispanic Latino Culture, Intercultural Engagement, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Affairs , Uncategorized
We seek nominations to recognize outstanding women you know whose work, life and example have helped make a difference. The nominee should have served as a leader and role model to other women, students, colleagues and/or the community. The recipients will be honored at the “Hats Off to Women Ceremony" on March 20, 2013 at Ustler Hall on UF campus.
The Hats Off to Women Awards honor women in the following six categories:
1. UF Students (3 awards)
2. UF Faculty
3. UF Staff (professional)
4. UF Staff (non-professional)
5. UF Administrator
6. Community Member
Nominees in each category must have met one or more of the following criteria:
- Gives back to the community through her time, talent and/or resources
- Has been a role model, mentor and/or advocate for positive social change
- Has garnered respect within the community
- Is dedicated to helping women and girls achieve their goals through support, empowerment and/or inspiration
- Exhibits qualities of leadership, integrity and dedication
- Reinforces attitudes and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all
- Demonstrates excellence in her contributions to students, colleagues, and/or her institution (in such areas as service, innovative programs, teaching, research, etc.)
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, February 27, 2013, and all nominations received after deadline will not be considered. No more than 4 pages can be submitted. Recipients of the “Hats Off to Women” Awards will be selected by March 6, 2013. Award recipients will receive a plaque in recognition and appreciation of their achievements.
All nominations for awards must be submitted on this official nomination form. The form may be duplicated. Only one name and one category may be submitted on a form. Self-nominations are permitted in all categories. Each nomination must be accompanied by a written rational explaining how the nominee meets the criteria. Nominees will be judged only on the information you provide.